Monday, March 25, 2013

Linoleum Block Print

I'm trying something new this week and making a linoleum block print of the Salt Lake Temple. Here is my progress so far. It's been very therapeutic to physically carve something. Plus I decided to buy the easy carve material to reduce the risk of cutting myself. I have really liked the medium so far, but I don't think I would use it again if I was doing a more organic image. It's really easy to carve straight lines, but curves are a little harder. The fun part about making prints is the element of surprise after you print your first image. I'll let you know how they turn out!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love these!! How cool. I need a picture of the Timpanogos Temple in our house, so it looks like I might need to commission one of these done at some point!

    ReplyDelete